Dear Valued Client,
We would like to start by thanking you for your ongoing support and loyalty during this Covid 19 unprecedented time.
We would like to add a big thank you for all your emails and comments on our social channels and our members that have remained fully supportive of the salon and our team, it has been very much appreciated.
Moving forward it is our priority to safeguard every client and team’s health so it is paramount for us to follow government guidelines and recommendations, when and where possible and this will remain key to our re-opening. Our sector falls into Phase 3 at the moment, with a return to work date of 4th July 2020 at the earliest. Our salon re-set action plan can only be implemented once the Government has confirmed a definite return to work as it approaches.
- Please bring as few personal items or bags with you as possible.
- Please do not bring children or other guests with you unless they are also having a service with a team member.
- Please do not bring any pets with you.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. We ask you to respect the social distancing guideline markings until your operator comes to collect you.
- While you are waiting to be collected, a member of our team will check your temperature and offer you complimentary PPE, should you require it. Please wear a face covering at all times once you enter the salon – a member of staff may instruct you to do so in case you forget. If you would like to use a pair of gloves during your visit please advise a member of staff who will provide them. If you wish to use the PPE we have provided please make a donation to our chosen NHS charity.
- When entering the salon all clients must sanitise their hands thoroughly using the station located just outside the main salon door. There are hand sanitising stations throughout the salon and spa.
- Wherever possible we will be respecting social distancing rules within the salon
- All team members will be wearing a visor and a face mask for the duration of your service and either/or if they are moving around the salon or on cleaning duties.
- Clients will not be able to blow dry their own hair after colour services under any circumstances until restrictions are fully lifted as we will need you to leave the building as quickly as possible after your booked service is completed. If you are having colour only and do not wish to leave with wet hair please book a blow dry with your service.
- Following government guidelines, we are currently unable to offer magazines
Feeling unwell or having a raised temperature
In order to protect everyone within the salon we are asking all staff and clients to please stay at home if you are showing any signs of being unwell. We would rather cancel an appointment than take the risk that you may have the virus that could be passed on to others.
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions you will need to notify us so we can reschedule your appointment. If you are found to have a temperature upon arrival, or to have answered yes to any of the above, we will not be able to proceed with your appointment.
If you have previously tested positive for Covid 19, you must notify us at the time of booking, as research suggests that it may effect your colour, treatment or service result. We will require you to be allergy alert tested.
If you live within the local area you can request a home visit for manicure, pedicure, cutting, styling or technical work if the team member is happy to do so. We will expect our team and the client household to follow PPE protocols and relevant government guidelines. There should only be one client or member of the household should be in the room while the service is being provided and where possible the windows will need to be open for ventilation.
If you would prefer to pay in advance please let us know when you check-in.
Food & Drink
Our catering services will be operating under government guidelines for the hospitality sector.